Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.fluffiespetservices.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
All information provided by you on our contact form is sent by email to us. In addition the IP address of your computer is also sent along with the time of the message. This is to manage comments which could be classed as spam, and aside from this, no other automatic process takes place on this data.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not share any data provided by you with any third party. However, as all computers connect via the internet, certain details of the connection are processed to enable this to happen.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. At this time comments are disabled on our website.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
All data about you is treated as strictly confidential and is held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- The completed ‘client information sheet’ is retained in hard copy in a secure filing cabinet and is used by Fluffies Pet Sitting Service only to provide the care for your pets as specified by you on that sheet. This is the only source of your data that we use unless you provide new information to replace any or all of it.
- Should you no longer wish to use our service, your details held in our records will be destroyed. Similarly, a sheet that has not been used after a period of 24 months since previously used will be destroyed.
- Your contact details (name, address, phone number, email address) will additionally be stored in an electronic contact book (Google Contacts) if you have agreed for this. The details will be used (the method of contact being initially agreed on the client information form)
- to confirm / arrange future bookings or arrangements (email/text/WhatsApp as agreed)
- to send invoices in respect of bookings (email)
- to update you on your pets whilst you are away (email/text/WhatsApp as agreed)
- Please let us know at any time should you wish that method to be changed or if you subsequently want your details removing from this.
- Your personal information will not be shared with other persons or organisations. However, if there is an emergency whereby Fluffies Pet Sitting Service is suddenly unable to care for your pet whilst you are away, a process is in place whereby care can be arranged to ensure the safety of your pet.
What third parties we receive data from
We do not receive any data from other parties with the sole exception of in an emergency situation where we cannot speak with you immediately and have to use the contact details you have provided in this situation.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
The data collected is purely for the purposes given above and no automated processes or profiling takes place.