Before we undertake any work, you will be asked to sign a copy of our Terms of Business.
For new clients an in-home consultation is required, prior to reservations. During this the ‘client information sheet’ can be completed so that Fluffies Pet Sitting Service have all the information required to look after your pet.
All bookings must be made at least 24 hours before service start date.
Cancellations are dealt with in the following way:
- Notified to us more than 14 days prior to the start, all fees less the non-refundable deposit, will be refunded, or held over for subsequent bookings.
- Notified cancellations between 14 days and 48 hours before the start date of the booking, will require 50% payment for services.
- All bookings cancelled within 48 hours of commencement will be payable in full.
If you need to make a change to a booking, we will try to accommodate subject to other bookings. Notified changes will incur a £20 fee.
Our fees are set out on the website under ‘prices‘ and are reviewed annually.
Any booking required by you to be serviced outside of our office hours will be charged at the Bank Holiday rate.
We accept cash/cheque/bank transfer. All details are provided on our invoice.
A 25% non-refundable deposit of the total sum due is payable to Fluffies Pet Sitting Service at the time of booking. The remaining balance is due on or before the first date of service start date.
Where payment is not received, we reserve the right not to proceed with any previously agreed arrangements.
Where services are required long term, payment may be made on a weekly basis.
We carefully schedule our time to serve you and our other clients, therefore, there are no refunds or credits for early returns or last minute changes to pet care.
Please inform us immediately if you are delayed on your return.
All data about you is treated as strictly confidential and is held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- The completed ‘client information sheet’ is retained in hard copy in a secure filing cabinet and is used by Fluffies Pet Sitting Service only to provide the care for your pets as specified by you on that sheet. This is the only source of your data that we use unless you provide new information to replace any or all of it.
- Should you no longer wish to use our service, your details held in our records will be destroyed. Similarly, a sheet that has not been used after a period of 24 months since previously used will be destroyed.
- Your contact details (name, address, phone number, email address) will additionally be stored in an electronic contact book (Google Contacts) if you have agreed for this.The details will be used (the method of contact being initially agreed on the client information form)
- to confirm / arrange future bookings or arrangements (email/text/WhatsApp as agreed)
- to send invoices in respect of bookings (email)
- to update you on your pets whilst you are away (email/text/WhatsApp as agreed)
- Please let us know at any time should you wish that method to be changed or if you subsequently want your details removing from this.
- Your personal information will not be shared with other persons or organisations. However, if there is an emergency whereby Fluffies Pet Sitting Service is suddenly unable to care for your pet whilst you are away, a process is in place whereby care can be arranged to ensure the safety of your pet.
Sometimes emergencies occur, either regarding a pet, or with regard to your house. Please ensure you provide your contact details and those of an emergency contact on the ‘client information sheet’.
If the emergency contact (or you) is not available we reserve the right to consult with your registered veterinary surgeon and then make a decision which is in the best interests of the animal.
If you have previously used our service, please let us know of any changes. For example your contact numbers, your pet’s care needs, emergency contact details and other pertinent information.
We have valid pet sitting, dog walking and public liability insurance. The insurance only covers us for the duration of the agreed service.
We shall not be liable to the client or be deemed to be in breach of the contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of it’s obligations in relation to the services, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control.
Our normal business hours are
- 9am – 6pm (Weekdays)
- 10am – 4pm (Weekends)
Any services that you require to be undertaken outside of these times will be charged at the bank holiday rate (twice the normal rate).
Please inform us at the time of consultation of anyone who may have access to your home while you are away. This includes cleaning services, maintenance personnel, friends, family and neighbours. We cannot accept liability for other persons who will be in your home prior to, during or immediately after our services have been rendered.
It is understood that you will notify anyone with access to the home that the services of Fluffies Pet Sitting Service have been engaged.
We will not open or close any windows during our visits so please ensure all windows are locked and secure before you leave.
This sentence has been added by Simeon to ensure the Terms relate to the originating site. If you’re reading this on another site, the content has been duplicated without consent and that person hasn’t even read it. Think carefully about whether you want that person looking after your house and pets!
It is your responsibility to ensure that the property, its contents and pets are adequately insured throughout the duration of the assignment.
All keys when not in use will be kept in a locked safe. Your keys will not be marked with your details but will be identified by a unique reference.
We will return your keys to you following your return/cessation of service unless you specify otherwise.
Please let us know of the utility shut-off points in your house.
In the event of a household emergency, we will try to contact you to agree the arrangements. However if we cannot do this, we will make arrangements with your emergency contact.
Food, Litter & Cleaning Supplies
Please ensure that you provide adequate items during your absence e.g. pet food, litter, cleaning supplies. Should it be necessary to purchase additional items, we will purchase them and retain a receipt. Any outstanding costs will need to be reimbursed by you on your return.
We will follow instructions to administer medications as directed but cannot be held responsible for complications that arise as a result. We are not able to administer injections.
Under no circumstances will we look after any pet that has any form of active contagious illness.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your pets are up to date with their flea and worming treatments during the periods when you require us to look after your pets.
If we are bitten or exposed to any disease or ailment received from a pet(s) which has not been properly or currently vaccinated, you will be responsible for all costs and damages that may be incurred as a result.
Fences and cat flaps
We recommend that cats are kept indoors whilst in our care so we can ensure their health and safety. Should you wish for your cat to have free access via a cat flap we cannot be held liable for any disappearance, injuries or death.
We will clean up after your pets to the best of our ability. Please inform us of the designated area for the appropriate cleaning supplies.
We are not responsible for carpet/ flooring stains created by your pet(s).
We request that you provide plastic bags, towels, cleaning products, paper towels and bin bags.
Fluffies Pet Sitting Service operates a newsletter which provides details on annual holiday dates and important information. You will have been advised of this at the first instance of booking, and asked if you wish to receive it. Receiving this newsletter is optional and you can change your mind at any time.